LUDLOW GREENS COVERED BRIDGE SUFFOLK COUNTY NY-52-02
Built in 1990 by Jonathan Foster. A single span of 51′ crossing a small pond. Displays a Town truss. Located .3 miles from Jct. with NY 27 in Bridgehampton, east on Sawasett Ave. (becomes Edgewood Ave.) .5 miles to the bridge on the south side of the road. GPS: N40° 56.55 ‘ W072° 17.47’
LUDLOW GREENS COVERED BRIDGE
The Ludlow Greens Covered Bridge is the only covered bridge in Suffolk County and is maintained by the owner. It is a pedestrian bridge only and extends across the narrow end of a pond. No roadway goes to the bridge and it is only a short distance from Edgewood Avenue.
Built by Jonathan Foster in 1990, this 51 foot long, single span structure incorporates the Town lattice truss design, patented on January 28, 1820, and again in 1835 by Ithiel Town of New Haven, Connecticut. It is one of three covered bridges in New York State with horizontal siding.
The Ludlow Greens Covered Bridge is located on Long Island, in Bridgehampton and can be seen from Edgewood Avenue.
Other than the actual statistics, there is not a lot of history to share on the Ludlow Greens Covered Bridge since it was built in 1990, but it is well worth a trip to visit it.