GRANTS MILLS BRIDGE NY-56-06
Click on picture for larger view
Grants Mills Bridge was originally built in 1902 by Edgar Marks, Orrin B. Marks, and Wesley Alton, it is listed on the National Register of Historic Places as of December 17, 1998.
The bridge is located in the Town of Hardenbergh, south of State Route 30 on Mill Brook Road. It is over the Mill Brook, a single span of 66 feet of Town truss.
Directions to the bridge:
From Forge Bridge, go back about 1.5 miles to mill Brook Road, turn left and travel about 5 miles to the bridge. OR From State Route 28, take the back road on the south side of Pepacton Reservoir to Arena. Turn onto Mill Brook Road and in 6.5 miles, not long after crossing into Ulster County, will be the bridge.