SALISBURY CENTER NY-22-01
Click on picture to see larger view
Salisbury Center Bridge was originally constructed in 1857 at the home of Alvah Hopson, due to his ailing health. The bridge was later moved to its present location (one of the first pre-fab building projects?) It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on March 8, 1978.
The bridge is located in the Village of Salisbury Center over Spruce Creek. It is constructed of Multiple Kingposts and Burr arch truss styles and is a single span of 50 feet in length.
Directions to the bridge:
Turn off State Route 29 and State Route 29A onto Water Street, by the Library - be sure to see the stained glass window, representing the bridge, at the Library if time permits. Signs clearly mark the way.