TUSCARORA CLUB BRIDGE NY-13-05
Click on picture to see larger view
The Tuscarora Club Bridge is a private bridge, please do not trespass!
They usually DO NOT grant permission to visit.
Illegal trespassers will be dealt with accordingly.
The bridge was originally built in Dunraven, NY in 1870 by William Mead. Due to the move and many changes to the bridge, it does NOT qualify for being registered on the National Register of Historic Places. It was moved to the club grounds in 1935, saving it from the bottom of Pepacton Reservoir. The bridge, in its present form, is a single span of 38 feet built of King Post truss over the Mill Brook. It is located in the Town of Middletown, south of Margaretville.
Directions to the bridge:
From Margaretville on State Route 28 & 30, go west 2.2 miles, then left onto County Road along the Pepacton Reservoir for just over 1/2 mile, then left on Mill Brook Road for 2 miles. Park at telephone pole #32/125 and walk down to the bridge, IF you have permission!!!