Spaghetti Warehouse, Syracuse, NY
Gavel was passed from former President Donna Freeland to new President Wayne Marshfield and the meeting was called to order at 1:05 p.m. with 44 members and guests present. President Marshfield thanked those that have put in the hard work and dedication serving in office in the past. He also wanted to thank those that have worked hard on setting up future meeting dates.
New Business: We now have our own EIN Number.
- June 11 – Myers Gardens, Spencer, NY open at noon meeting at 1:00 tour to follow
- July 9 – Ross Park Zoo, Binghamton, NY lunch at 11:30 meeting to follow
- August 20 – Old Stone Fort, Schoharie, NY details available as time gets closer
- September 15-17 – Safari, Bedford and Somerset Counties PA
- November 12 – Annual Harvest Dinner, Hamden, NY doors open at 11:00
- The National Meeting is September 24th at Hyde Hall Mansion.
- The National Society’s annual safari is being held in Oregon August 25-28.
The NYS Path Through History Program and Website- Hyde Hall, Jay, Newfield, Van Tran Flat, Lower Shavertown, Halls Mills, Copeland, Fitch’s, Downsville and Hamden Covered Bridges have been added to the program pending update of the website. Decision is pending on Salisbury center, Buskirk, Beaverkill, Perrine, Ashokan-Turnwood, Mill Brook, Eagleville, Shushan and Rexleigh. Eagle Mills and Erwin Park Covered Bridge were not accepted due to no historical significance relevant to the program.
I Love my Park day is scheduled for Saturday May 6, 2017 at Hyde Hall.
- Arnold Graton will be doing a through repair on Ashokan/Turnwood with an approximate start date of May or June.
- In October the Ulster County Heritage Week Festivities will be located in and around Perrine Covered Bridge
- Downsville Covered Bridge will remain closed until the Route 30 Bridge is repaired.
After the meeting was closed Linda Schott did a phenomenal presentation on the Society from 2012-2016.